This style jacket traces its origin back to the uniforms of the British officer class of the early 1900’s. From there after WWI, the English gentry morphed it into “The Safari” jacket – and in more recent times to the Photo Jacket, and now the ideal Travel Jacket for “goin’ ashore excursions”. You may have been searching for a jacket like this, or it might be you just saw one in an old photo, but weren’t able to find one. Well, here it is!
Cut from mid-weight, finely woven 100% cotton twill that breathes easily, it may be worn for just about all informal occasions, especially when travelling. It’s supple, comfortable, easy to move around in, and has a plethora of various sized pockets for carrying just about everything you may want to keep close to you when you’re on the move. This is a jacket that can do the job. Its six outer, and five inside pockets, easily distribute the load so it never looks bulky, while providing ready access and safety to travel docs, cash, credit cards, and maybe even a good camera with a lens or two.
- Fabric: 100% breathable, durable, 8-oz cotton twill, and cotton-polyester lined sleeves and shell for ease of getting in and out of jacket.
- Large Lower Pockets: The two outside, bottom pockets provide exceptional capacity. They are 9” high by 8” wide, and have a 5” wide specially designed gusset so that no matter how much weight is jammed into them they do not ‘bag’ at the bottom, and their bulkiness is minimized. They are excellent for carrying stacks of folded docs, cameras, lenses, computer accessories, bags of snacks, and so forth.
- Secure Breast Pockets: Each of the top, outer breast pockets are 2-in-1. When the pocket flap is open, a normal breast pocket is immediately accessible, while directly above is a second fully zippered pocket for extra security for items such as credit cards and cash.
- Inside Pockets: There are 5 total: two buttoned breast pockets, and three other pockets – one for pens and pencils.
- Vent and Back Pleat: A 10-inch bottom vent, and a generous, full length bi-swing back extends from the top of the shoulder to the waist, and expands to prevent pulling on the sleeves when the arms are thrust forward.
- Working Epaulets: These reinforced ‘X’ box secured epaulets with their keeper guides ensure that gear carried on straps over the shoulder remain high on the shoulder for comfort.
- Waist Adjustment: Inside waist tabs allow for individual waist adjustment.
- Classic Notched Collar: Features military zig-zag stitching on its underside for turn-up support when protection from sun and wind is desirable.
- Neck Tab: For maintaining neck closure for strong wind or cold
- Front Closure: Both a 2-way zipper and buttons are available depending on surrounding conditions.
- Locker Hang Loop: Embroidered heavy duty loop, strongly bar tacked to hold the extra weight of the jacket with stuffed pockets.
- Elbow Pads: Cut from supple leather. Capable of withstanding exposure during a laundering.
- Cleaning: May be dry cleaned or laundered, but CARE INSTRUCTIONS provided with the jacket must be followed.
Material: 100% COTTON WOVEN, LINING: POLYESTER
There are no reviews yet.