Perfect for sharing and gifting, Pusser’s Rum Cakes bring the taste of the Caribbean and it’s rich history right to your table. Our Famous Pusser’s Rum Cakes are available in 2lb, and 4oz., 4-packs sizes – and our new Pusser’s Painkiller Cakes are available in 4oz., 4-packs.
Pusser’s Rum Cake™
The Story of Pusser’s Rum Cake™
For more than 300 years, before the days of Nelson, wooden ships and iron men, Great Britain’s Royal Navy issued a daily ‘tot’ of Pusser’s Rum to all the men aboard its warships. This tradition carried forward from 1655 until 1970 when the daily issue of Pusser’s Rum was to sailors stopped.
Almost 10 years later, in 1979, Charles Tobias obtained the formula for the rum from the Royal Navy and shortly thereafter, Pusser’s Rum was offered to the public commercially for the first time.
For almost three centuries, it has been the Royal Navy’s tradition to bake cakes for special occasions such as Christmas, a ship’s commissioning and other celebratory events. All of these, including the Christmas Cake, traditionally use the Navy’s Rum – Pusser’s Rum – in their recipes because of the rich flavor that Pusser’s imparts to cakes.
Forbes writes, “Pusser’s (Rum) is still made in the same way it was at the time of Trafalgar – in wooden pot stills as opposed to modern industrial column stills. This results in the most full flavored, intense rum available anywhere”.
Most rum cake recipes call for one to one and a half ounces of inexpensive cooking rum, deriving most of the flavor from the liberal use of rum essence. Not so for Pusser’s. Each Premium British Navy Pusser’s Rum Cake is laced with three ounces of Pusser’s Rum, which at $25 to $30 per bottle in a retail spirits store is an expensive proposition. But this generous use of the world’s most full-flavored rum imparts a taste like no other and produces the world’s premium rum cake.
To maximize taste, the process that we use to produce our cakes requires that they be made in small batches. While they have a shelf life of 6 months or more, we prefer to ship within 2 or 3 days of their having been freshly baked. Thus from time-to-time there might be a slight delay of 2 or 3 days between order placement and shipping. When placing your order, we will be pleased to give you a ship date.
INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, SOYBEAN OIL, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, SODIUM ALUMINUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, NONFAT DRY MILK, EMULSIFIERS (PROPELYNE GLYCOL MONOSTEARATE, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, SOY LETHICIN), PUSSER’S RUM, NATURAL AND ARTIFICAL FLAVOR, RICE STARCH, ENZYME, TURMERIC ADDED FOR COLOR, EGG, WATER, BUTTER, LESS THAN 2% OF POTASSIUM SORBATE
MANUFACTURED IN A PLANT THAT USES TREE NUTS. CONTAINS EGG, MILK, SOY, WHEAT.
June 1985, at HMS RALEIGH Naval Base in England. Great Britain’s Queen Mother assists with the stirring of the Royal Navy’s traditional Pusser’s Rum Fleet Christmas Cake as Pusser’s Rum is poured into the mix.
The Royal Wedding Cake. Recipe Included Pusser’s Rum.
Made by R.N. Chefs at H.M.S. Pembroke, Chatham
Pusser’s Rum Cakes are delivered in sealed plastic containers arriving well protected, and as fresh as the day they were baked.
Pusser’s Painkiller Cake
The Painkiller® Cake Story
THE PAINKILLER CAKE takes its name and flavor from the famous Pusser’s Rum cocktail, “The Painkiller® ”! Like the cocktail, its flavor derives from a delightful blend of cream of coconut, pineapple and orange juices, with a hint of Pusser’s Rum, and a light sprinkling of nutmeg on top. Delicious!
The “PAINKILLER®”, the Official Drink of the British Virgin Islands – the BVI, was created by an English lady, Daphne Henderson, more than 40 years ago, and promoted by Charles Tobias, founder of PUSSER’S. It became the favorite of in-transit sailors at the Pusser’s Roadtown Pub on Tortola. Since then, its notoriety has spread around the world. The recipe: 4 parts pineapple juice, 1 part each of fresh orange juice and cream of coconut, 2-ounces PUSSER’S RUM. Fresh nutmeg grated on top.
INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, WATER, FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), BUTTER, SOYBEAN OIL, PUSSER’S RUM, VANILLA PUDDING [SUGAR, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, DEXTROSE, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF TETRASODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE AND DISODIUM PHOSPHATE (FOR THICKENING) MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, CALCIUM SULFATE, XANTHAN GUM, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, YELLOW 5, YELLOW 6, BHA (PRESERVES FRESHNESS)], LESS THAN 2% OF: NATURAL FLAVOR, EGG WHITE, MILK, BAKING POWDER (SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, SODIUM BICARBONATE, CORNSTARCH, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT
MANUFACTURED IN A PLANT THAT USES TREE NUTS. CONTAINS EGG, MILK, SOY, WHEAT.
Shop The Pusser’s Co. Store
- 100% highest quality microfiber shell, finished with the elegance of English cotton tattersall lining
- A full placket zipper providing a choice of a turned-down spread neck collar, or a turtle neck when zipped closed.
- Waistline and cuffs finished with tight fitting, finely woven rib
- On the right inside is a tab for holding a pen, a sunglass pocket, and a small change pocket
- On the left inside are two zippered pockets; one for docs and other conveniently located for a cell phone
- Two large zippered side pockets for plenty of storage
- A hang loop
- Embroidered Pusser’s 4-flag logo, the Alpha, Delta, 2 and 8, the flag signal in Great Britain’s Royal Navy to “Splice the Main Brace! See the site’s opening page for the colorful story of this salty old expression that dates back over 300 years
- Extraordinarily fine stitching detail
- Machine wash
- 100% nylon watershed shell
- A rescue-colored orange lining
- A BV chart sewn on to the lining
- Raglan sleeve construction for easy movement
- Underarm gusset with venting grommets for good air flow
- Zip collar edge allowing for easy deployment of pop-up hood and easy stowaway
- Placket has a zipper cover wind flange with quick snap closure
- 2-snap adjustable water resistant cuffs
- Two easy entry wind-slant hand warmer pockets with covered openings
- Wind resistant knitted waistband
- Medium weight 100% cotton poplin exterior and a lighter cotton poplin lining
- Full brass zippered closure
- Two deep inside breast pockets with Velcro closure
- Button up collar neck tab
- A red underside collar stand
- Gusset sleeve cuffs with 3-button adjusting snaps
- Two side utility pockets
- Two large side pockets for plenty of storage
- A snug fitting elastic waist band
- A locker hang loop
- Embroidered Pusser’s logo
- Elbow pads
- Fabric: 100% breathable, durable, 8-oz cotton twill, and cotton-polyester lined sleeves and shell for ease of getting in and out of jacket.
- Large Lower Pockets: The two outside, bottom pockets provide exceptional capacity. They are 9” high by 8” wide, and have a 5” wide specially designed gusset so that no matter how much weight is jammed into them they do not ‘bag’ at the bottom, and their bulkiness is minimized. They are excellent for carrying stacks of folded docs, cameras, lenses, computer accessories, bags of snacks, and so forth.
- Secure Breast Pockets: Each of the top, outer breast pockets are 2-in-1. When the pocket flap is open, a normal breast pocket is immediately accessible, while directly above is a second fully zippered pocket for extra security for items such as credit cards and cash.
- Inside Pockets: There are 5 total: two buttoned breast pockets, and three other pockets – one for pens and pencils.
- Vent and Back Pleat: A 10-inch bottom vent, and a generous, full length bi-swing back extends from the top of the shoulder to the waist, and expands to prevent pulling on the sleeves when the arms are thrust forward.
- Working Epaulets: These reinforced ‘X’ box secured epaulets with their keeper guides ensure that gear carried on straps over the shoulder remain high on the shoulder for comfort.
- Waist Adjustment: Inside waist tabs allow for individual waist adjustment.
- Classic Notched Collar: Features military zig-zag stitching on its underside for turn-up support when protection from sun and wind is desirable.
- Neck Tab: For maintaining neck closure for strong wind or cold
- Front Closure: Both a 2-way zipper and buttons are available depending on surrounding conditions.
- Locker Hang Loop: Embroidered heavy duty loop, strongly bar tacked to hold the extra weight of the jacket with stuffed pockets.
- Elbow Pads: Cut from supple leather. Capable of withstanding exposure during a laundering.
- Cleaning: May be dry cleaned or laundered, but CARE INSTRUCTIONS provided with the jacket must be followed.
- Center front zipper, but with cover flange that works through to a stand-up collar
- Epaulettes to hold shoulder bag straps
- Center drawstring for waist adjustment with long-sleeve but easily folded up
- Built-in waistband belt & reinforced waistband
- Heavy, extra-wide 2-1/4″ clearance belt loops
- Belt Loops held in place with reinforcing bar-tacks at each corner
- 2 in-line side pockets – Solidly sewn, bar-tacked, taped fabric entrances for durability
- 2 readily accessible front storage pockets for cell phone, credit cards, etc.
- YKK Zippers throughout
- 2 large zippered front cargo pockets
- 3 pen / pencil holders
- Two large zippered back pockets
- Double reinforced seat
- Cut from extra-durable 100% cotton of the type used for the astronauts’ in-flight space suits
- Quick-Dry & lightweight
Pusser’s Landing Newly Renovated and OPEN!!
We are very happy to announce that Pusser’s Landing at Soper’s Hole, West End has recently been fully renovated an we are now open for business! We still have our
Pusser’s Status Report
A word from our Founder during these extraordinary times . . . Please forgive our product shortages. As many of you know, we’re a small company in the British Virgin
Goodbye Marina Cay & A December Opening for Pusser’s West End / Soper’s Hole
Goodbye Marina Cay & A December Opening for Pusser’s West End / Soper’s Hole To all our friends and Pusser’s supporters, we’re sorry to have to tell you that we
Tasty Waves in Cane Garden Bay
The heels of Hurricane Humberto are kicking up swell, and hurricane Jerry is set to pass by the islands – SURF’S UP in Cane Garden Bay, Tortola, British Virgin Islands.